An Awesome Recipe and a Teaser

>> Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hi there! I don't know about you but I love raspberries. I can't get enough of them. I eat them fresh (my favorite), put them in pies, smoothies, swedish pancakes...you name it, I love it with raspberries. But this recipe I discovered today and it is soooo mouth watering that I just have to share it!


Raspberry Barbeque Sauce

3 garlic cloves, peeled
1/4 t olive or canola oil
1 1/4 cups unsweetened raspberries
3 T brown sugar
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T light corn syrup
1 t molasses
1/2 t lemon juice
1/4 to 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
1/8 t salt
1/8 t pepper
dash onion powder

Place garlic on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil; drizzle with oil. Wrap foil around garlic. Bake at 425 for 15-20 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes.

Place softened garlic in a small saucepan. Add the remaining ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes until sauce is thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Transfer to a food processor blender; cover and process until smooth. Strain seeds. Store in refrigerator.

We used this on boiled and then barbequed country style ribs and I can't even begin to tell you how yummy they were! Natalie (our 2-year old) scarfed this up! I ate soo much that I'm still full hours later. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Tomorrow I'm making a raspberry-rhubarb pie and a lemon-raspberry loaf! My mouth is already watering...

~~~
Now for a teaser! I'm working on a new kit. It isn't finished yet, but should be very soon! Want a teaser? Look at these great colors! :-)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP